Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Suan Lum Night Bazaar

On our last night in Bangkok, we decided to check out the Suan Lum Night Bazaar. We would have used the MRT since there was a station just near the bazaar but it was raining so we decided to take a taxi. (Again, the driver insisted on a fixed price instead of the meter.)

I read that this Night Bazaar was supposed to close down by April 2007 but fortunately for us it was still open.

There are so many interesting things to see in the night bazaar but I also read that prices here are inflated compared to other markets like Chatuchak or Patpong. So sharpen those haggling skills and prepare to bargain as they expect you to.

I also saw a lot of leather goods that I like and actually came home with a few good steals myself like my new wallet below. It's made of cow's hide and thick leather. It smelled like papaitan for a few days but I love it.



No comments: